Bonga is a town in southwestern Ethiopia. Located southwest of Jimma in the Keficho Shekicho Zone of the Southern Nations, Nationalities and Peoples Region upon a hill in the upper Barta valley, this town has a latitude and longitude of 7°16′N 36°14′E / 7.267, 36.233 with an elevation of 1714 meters above sea level. Bonga is the administrative center of the Keficho Shekicho Zone, with a major market on Saturday and lesser ones on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The high school draws students from a broad area.
The neighboring area is known for hot springs, caves and waterfalls. Fourteenth century ruins associated with the former Kingdom of Kaffa. The all weather road from Jimma south to Bonga was completed around 1962. The road to Mizan Teferi and Tippi was improved in 1966 by the Highway Authority. The Apostolic Prefecture of Jimma Bonga has its headquarters in this town. The city is a center for the buying of honey and cardamom.
Based on figures from the Central Statistical Agency in 2005, Bonga has an estimated total population of 19,664 of whom 9088 were males and 10,576 were females. The 1994 census reported it had a total population of 10,851 of whom 5,032 were males and 5,819 were females.